Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A month into the new year...

So it has been a little over a month since the new year has begun. I'd like to highlight my accomplishments thus far:

1. Exercise religiously- Exercise 2-3x a week.

I'm kind of keeping up with this. I did run the P.F. Chang's half marathon in January...that was 13.1 miles. And i ran the whole thing. I felt that was my month's worth of exercise. But, each morning or evening, I try to do at least 20 minutes on the elliptical. (The 'rents ordered one off QVC, and I have to say it's kicking my ass because I sweat like a pig after using it for 10 minutes) I will also do pilates and crunches when time allows.

2. Drink more water- easy enough.

Today I should have drank more water. Instead, I got a headache and confused my dehydration for hunger. I ate a huge cream cheese brownie, and I am not proud of that!

3. Eat healthier- eat more protein, fruit and vegetables.

Still working on it...

4. Save up money- put at least $800 a month into my savings account.

Starting this month I swear! I decided to study in Paris for only one semester, and this will cost me about $20,000. So far, I have almost $4,000 in my savings account. I plan on not spending so much money anymore.

5. Live a more balanced life- make school my no. 1 priority and also have time to go out and relax.

School is kicking my ass as much as the new elliptical machine does. I need to study calculus and accounting more. Those classes are tough.

6. Find an internship for the spring semester.

Done! I secured a photography internship for 944 Magazine. Very exciting!

7. Find an internship for the summer- here, St. Louis or New York City.

I want an internship in New York City more than anything. Working on it. I HAVE to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home